Friday 4 May 2012

New Fave Scroll....

Yesterday the kiddiwinx and I visited my SIL, who is sitting at home waiting for Baby Mac to make his entrance into the world, and the gorgeous kids! I took along an armful of food, pumpkin soup for the freezer, cute pinwheel bikkies and these holy moly yummy scrolls.....
Apple Cinnamon Scrolls with Cream Cheese Frosting

I used the Edmonds Scone recipe, rolled out and spread on a butter (100g softened), cinnamon (1-2 teaspoons), brown sugar (about 4 tablespoons) mix, then a layer of finely diced granny smith apple from Nans tree. Rolled up and in the oven until nice and golden.



















I would suggest to bake them in a brownie tray or something of the like, because mine expanded over the baking sheet, and I think they unravelled a bit too! 

For the frosting, I softened 1/2 a small container of cream cheese and about 50g of butter, beat that together with a drop of vanilla and maybe a cup of icing sugar, add more or less if you like, depends on how thick or thin you would like it.

  

Once the scrolls are baked and have cooled a bit, drizzle the frosting over or spread it on how you prefer. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment