Friday 23 March 2012

What's for Dinner Miss A???

Yesterday I was struggling to come up with something for dinner, feeling a bit blah and very uninspired, I asked Miss A what we should have for dinner. "Soup" she says!!!! Sounds good! So I start making a loaf of bread and off we go to the little shop around the corner for a pumpkin!!! $3.47 each! I really need to get a pumpkin vine in!!!


MUMMA'S EASY PUMPKIN SOUP

1 onion, diced
4 bacon slices, diced
2 T butter
Melt the butter in a large pot, fry onion and bacon until cooked.



1 pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped. Put all into the pot with 2 cups of chicken stock. Cover and simmer until the pumpkin is soft and mushy. Blitz with a stick mixer or in a processor. Season with salt and pepper, I also added a couple of pinches of nutmeg.

Just before serving, I stir in about 200ml of cream. Served with fresh bread!


There was plenty leftover too, some for the freezer and some for lunch today I think!




No comments:

Post a Comment